Romantic social networks have worked for many people looking for love, friendship, jobs and other kinds of relationships. While the sites are designed to bring hundreds of singles together to help strike meaningful relationship, how you present yourself can determine your success on the sites. The profile is your marketing tool since it is what will be used by other singles to know who you are, what you look like and whether they like you enough to want to know you better.
That said all your attention should be on your profile. The goal should be to present the real you without compromising or exaggerating anything. It helps to think about everything you are about to write down so you end up making a good impression and exercising honesty at the same time. What you include will determine how approachable you are.
- Start by figuring out what kind of image you wish to give with your online dating profile. Would you rather present yourself as a fun-loving, independent career woman, intelligent or carefree woman? The overall impression you wish to make should guide you through the image.
- Describe who you are carefully without ranting. Choose your words wisely and include only the most relevant information about yourself without overdoing it. Be honest without giving too much detail. Keep it attractive and the rest you can reveal as the relationship progresses.
- Upload friendly recent photos. Considering that many singles wish to see the people they are about to date. Hence, the profile photo is important to include on your profile. However, avoid using fake pictures, edited photos and old photos. Take fresh decent photos looking your best and use them in your profile. It is the only best way of ensuring that those approaching you know exactly how you look like and love you for who you really are.
- Genuinely list your interests and hobbies. Many women make the mistake of writing down their interests just to appear cool and adventurous. Remember that they can serve as ice breakers during conversations and you definitely will look silly if you know nothing about what you are supposed to like. It is also important in helping you find singles with similar interests.
- Be very honest with your age when creating your online dating profile. If you are not very comfortable with this mention, avoid mentioning it instead of lying. The fact is you might be feeling old yet some men prefer older women. Be honest or wait till the man asks.
- If you are a single mother, keep this in your status description as simple as that. Avoid giving too much detail on your child’s gender, age and other past marital statuses. They are all details that can be saved for much later in the progress of your relationship.
- Keep your grammar in check when writing the profile. Poor grammar and spelling mistakes end up putting off good guys. Men basically love intelligent women and so you should appear such in your profile. Read through your profile before using it.